In 1946, John Vette, Jr. bought a transformer
company located in Glenview, Illinois. Named after its original owner, Swain
Nelson, SNC began to make a name for itself by building transformers for the
television and radio industries. To keep
pace with increased orders and better serve customers, in 1948 Mr. Vette moved
the company to Oshkosh, Wisconsin where he and his family owned the land needed
for expansion. A converted chicken coop and an old sheep barn
on Fahrnwald Farms was home to the new manufacturing plant and a dedicated crew
of SNC employees built transformers at the farm for nearly 20 years.
During those first two decades of operation,
SNC established strong business relationships with several key customers,
allowing the company to expand into new markets and increase business. To accommodate both current and future
business growth, Mr. Vette decided to break ground in 1966 for a new facility
at the company’s present location on Waukau Avenue in Oshkosh, WI.
With its roots still firmly planted in this
progressive Midwestern community, SNC Manufacturing Co. has extended its reach
far beyond those humble beginnings. In
1992 SNC opened its first offshore production facility in Cd. Acuña, Coahuila,
Mexico. In 2007, SNC opened a production
facility in Jiangsu Province, Changzhou, China.
As the company continues to move forward in
the 21st century, SNC Manufacturing has positioned itself as a
recognized leader in the transformer manufacturing industry. Now serving a broad range of industries from
Automation Controls to X-Ray Systems, SNC Manufacturing continues to focus on
the core business practices upon which the company was founded – to provide
customers with nothing less than the finest product quality and customer
service every single day.